Give your Adobe Express creations a professional edge with WellSaid Labs' AI voiceovers.
In this article
Getting Started with Adobe Express
- Log into your Adobe Express account.
- Click on Add-ons.
- Search for WellSaid Labs.
- Click +Add to start.
- Connect to WellSaid by logging in with your existing Studio account or creating a new one.
Creating a clip
- Search for the right voice avatar by filtering by Performance styles and Regional accents, then select up to 3 voices.
- Enter your script into the editor.
- Click Create Clips and preview each clip.
- Select Add (1 credit) once you have finalized the clip you want.
- You did it! Your new clip has been attached to your project's timeline. Learn how to adjust your timeline here.
- Clips created in Adobe Express will appear in your WellSaid Studio Projects as Adobe.
- You can not create or access other WellSaid Projects in Adobe Express.
To view clips you've created, click Clips at the top of the add-on.
Pronunciation Best Practices
Improve your voiceover performance with these pronunciation tips.
Emphasizing words or phrases
When you place a word or phrase in quotation marks (""), the AI pays p particular attention to the chosen word or phrase. Use quotation marks to shape the emphasis of your sentence.
Shorter Words: Spell the word the way it sounds (e.g., "edamawmay" for "edamame").
- Longer Words: Break them up by syllables and adjust the syllable that needs improvement (e.g., "try idoe thighro neen" for "triiodothyronine").
Acronyms read as words Pronunciation
For acronyms pronounced as a word, spell them like they sound (e.g., "eigh-sap" for "ASAP") or (e.g., "feema" for "FEMA").
Acronyms read as individual letters
Use spaces or dashes between initials if you want them pronounced individually (e.g., "D.N.A" or "D-N-A" for "DNA").
Adding a pause
Adding natural pauses can be done simply by adding commas and periods.
- Commas add pauses in places where a voice actor would make a slight, subtle pause.
- Periods create a pause with a downward inflection. Try to break up a long sentence into two pieces.
Adding a longer pause between sentences
Use an ellipse (...) to create more breathing room or a combination of punctuation marks ("...") to create even more space. Experiment to get the effect you want.
Guide the AI using our helpful tips to get the right inflection in a question.
What's the character limit? While the editor in Adobe Express is limited to 300 characters, in WellSaid Studio, you can use up to 5000 characters.
How do downloads and credits work? Each Download equals 1 Credit. By clicking the Add (1 credit) button and adding the clip to your Adobe Express project, that'll be one credit.
Your new clip can be found in the Clips list and used again in any Adobe Express project. The clip will also appear in your WellSaid Studio Project folder.
I'm a WellSaid subscriber. Do I still get five free downloads, or does it count toward my subscription credits? As an active WellSaid subscriber, credits count toward your total allotment.